How to Make a “Ripe” Decision

Dear Beautiful Friend,

Often when there’s a big decision to make, too many move forward too quickly… which often ends up being a sideways move, or even a move that takes one a few steps backward.

This is not to be judged, as all moves will lead us to a deeper awareness; however, the more in tune we are with the feeling of “ripeness” within, the more pleasant and more efficient our forward motion becomes toward creating a fulfilling life.

The feeling of “ripeness” is without any sense of urgency… without any sense of fear whatsoever. When we allow the universe ample time to give us the information and allow it to settle in us, much as the rising of a loaf of bread or a cake… then we have all the necessary ingredients required to make the best decision in moving forward with our goals.

So, dear friend, the next time you have a big decision to make (or better yet, begin with a few little decisions)… check in with your body, and ask your gut: “Is this the best way for me to proceed forward in creating my most fulfilling life?”  Then see if you experience a feeling of safety within your body. Your tummy will be free of butterflies and  your muscles will feel relaxed.

Next, move up to your heart, and ask: “Is this the best way for me to proceed forward in creating my most fulfilling life?” If it is, you may likely feel a warmth in your heart and very possibly find yourself smiling.

The key to making “ripe” (not “right” decisions as there truly are not “wrong” decisions) is to be patient, and not move until you feel this ripeness in your gut and in your heart… Simply affirm and hold the space of patience of knowing the Universe is doing EVERYTHING to give you all you need to know, and be in the feeling of expectancy that the decision you make will bring you the fulfillment and joy you desire.

And So It Is…

With Big Love and Bright Blessings,

Mikaela Katherine Jones
Author, Columnist,
Delight Frequency Manifestation Teacher

What are your tips for making the best decisions for yourself? Please leave your comments below; share the love!

If you’d like to receive these email messages in your inbox every Sunday, please click here to sign-up. You will also receive my free 10-min. guided audio centering meditation, a sample of the Delight Frequency Manifestation Practice. It will leave you feeling grounded and centered, a great way to start or complete any day!

1. Good message right now – I’ve got a cough and feel flu like – ugh… and not up for ANY decisions – yet that is a decision!

Really letting go is all that works – and waiting to act on those things that seem the most inspiring. Loving – “…going with the Flow right now…” and waiting and watching.

Love your insights on Sunday – so look forward to receiving a Bright Blessing once a week. Love, Cheryl
    Cheryl Janecky recently posted..Mar 17, How to Overcome Fear FAST – One Easy Step

• mikaela says:

Thank you, Cheryl. Oooh, some of my best ideas and direction have come to me when I was ‘down with the flu or cold’… perfect way to allow a decision to ripen… hope you feel better soon too.

2. Oh – Mikaela – YES!!!!!! In today’s fast world we are often pushed to make snap decisions. I have often found that the tendency to “procrastinate” is actually many spiritual, intuitive people’s BRAKE to not being pushed in a way that is violating their hearts/souls/spirits/wisdom of the body – so Instead of learning to RIPEN – they simply put on out the anchors!!!

YOU are giving people a wise way – the consciously take a breath and check in with themselves on their daily path – and for the bigger decisions!

And what a great way to Frame this . . Ripe Decisions . . . Ripening . . . .

Thank you! As usual you are making a big contribution to people’s quality of life!!!!

• mikaela says:

Oh, thank you Deborah, that is so kind of you to say!

I think you are bang on about the subconscious reaction of procrastination towards doing things that are out of alignment with our values, goals, etc. Astute way of putting it… I’m going to have to delve deeper on that one, and perhaps write a separate blog post on that one… yes, allowing the decisions to ‘ripen’ is a more active and conscious way of moving out of the procrastination trap, excellent point! Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. As always, most appreciated.

3. joyce jones says:

Hi Mikaela…another good Blog with excellent ideas and good suggestions…Making a good and right decision when it comes to one’s Spiritual life is sometimes difficult to do…but I have found that if what I am reading… resonates and is deeply satisfying then I believe that I have made a decision to help
    me grow…It doesn’t have to be a Book..it might be what people say..like you Deary…with your threads of Light/Love..and inspirations..Keep up the good work….Love it.

4. Ingrid says:

Oh baby.. love to be RIPE for the picking.. what great advice.. we really all need to trust that in divine timing life will bring us what we want… it’s been a big lesson of mine to learn and I still have to consciously practice being patient, loving, allowing and receiving….the more I know and trust in my destiny the faster and the more enjoyable more life becomes! WOO HOO! LOVE the questions.. Warmly, Ingrid x

• mikaela says:

It’s so true, isn’t it Ingrid? Remembering that the Universe supports us always, and that all we need to know to live a fulfilling life will be given to us if we but open ourselves to the guidance and the direction, knowing when it’s arrived we will feeeeel it in our gut and in our heart… and until then, give ourselves some more sunshine and water and ripen! haha!

5. Yes! This is very consonant with what I have been experiencing; the idea that each project I have going on is like a plant; that it’s not my job to try and “Will” it forward with massive force, but do those things (that I can do, no more, no less) to nurture it appropriately at whatever given stage it’s at, and allowing it to “grow” at whatever rate it “wants” to… Yet another, even more potent, is the image of us (as a creator) like a pregnant mother; the baby (or project) will is growing at it’s own pace, and will come ~ birth ~ when it’s ready… Our job is to take care of ourselves extra-well, knowing that that’s the thing that is required; that the baby; (or project) coming through us needs the best support (a health mom) that we can give it… For me, this metaphor underscores the extreme importance of self-care, and takes it to “a whole ‘notha level.” ; )

Much Love and Light to you Mikaela!!
    ~ Mathias

• mikaela says:

Beautifully put, Mathias. Yes, in order for the fruit to ripen at all, we must have a healthy tree that is receiving plenty of nourishment… here here! 🙂
      Thank you for your lovely metaphor.
      Peace and blessings to you!

6. Laura Magi says:

Well, dear one, you always have the perfect insight for me just at the perfect time!
    It is difficult to be patient when there are others surrounding you pushing for a decision or a move to be made – which I am sure is a lesson all on its own…and one I am learning to enjoy just now…
    Thank you so very much for Your Light and Love Mikaela!
    Laura

• mikaela says:

Oh yes, been there myself, Laura! Those times call for a strength of boundaries, not letting others make the decisions for us… excellent point. I’m sure you’re navigating the ‘obstacle course’ with grace, my friend. Keep on, keepin’ on.. you tell them patience for the juicy peach is in order! I just love the fruit analogy.. I can’t help myself!

7. I love the idea of waiting for our decisions to “ripen.” That is an excellent way to describe it. I like how easy you make it for people to learn these principles. Allowing a decision to ripen is difficult in our fast-paced society and we have to give ourselves permission to take our time when it does not feel like a decision is ripe yet. But it is so necessary. When I let a decision ripen, I often make a completely different decision or find that giving an immediate answer would have led me down the wrong road entirely. Yes–let everyone wait for the ripening!! Excellent.

Cheers,
    Melinda
    Melinda Pajak recently posted..Why Are Superheroes Good? Podcast

• mikaela says:

Ahhh… yes indeed, Melinda. Let everyone wait for the ‘ripening’… feels good just to say that. I too have experienced feeling rushed and making quick decisions that ended up costing me in many ways. Now I know better. 😉 The best part is that it’s pretty quick and easy to tune in and check if it’s ripe… the more challenging part is being patient when we know it’s not. So we keep practicing!

8. That’s something I’ve learned in the jungles of Costa Rica. Ripeness happens effortlessly!

When I TRY to make something happen, I’m usually REacting from the point of lack. By allowing (much more subtle, and difficult) more can finally happen.
    CAELAN HUNTRESS recently posted..The Amazing Life Formula

• mikaela says:

Caelan, what a wise insight… when we make rash decisions they are generally coming from a place of lack, so true!

Deep breath… so we tune in and remember that we live in a world of limitless abundance and we are eternal beings… there is no need to rush.

I bet you have learned so much from Momma Nature in the jungles of Costa Rica. I look forward to getting down there soon to be in the midst of all the universal laws in action in abundance all around! Fills me with delight just thinking about it! 🙂

9. Jane says:

Thank you for sharing a meaningful message. Taking the time to “tune in” creates a buffer. As Caelen said, it gives us the space in which to respond rather than simply react.

• mikaela says:

My pleasure, Jane! Thanks for your participation on the blog. The idea of energy ‘buffers’ is a great topic, I may have to write on that in a future blog post.. thanks for the idea.

Peace and blessings to you!

10. Ann says:

I looked up this topic because my Yin Yoga instructor talked about Ripening and she went on to discuss the 4 Gates of Speech. I see the relavance of these two topics. She also gave “ripening” a sanskrit name. I forget it, do you know it?

• HI Ann, I do not know the Sanskrit term for “Ripening”. The term came to me sitting in meditation, it’s lovely to hear how we receive/download information that has been in the collective unconscious for millenia… and it is “RIPE” for the plucking!

Yin Yoga is such a beautiful practice… opening to that feminine energy… allowing things to fully reach their maturation within us before being birthed is so key to a project, and idea, or a baby reaching the manifestation of its Divine Design.

Thank you for posting your comment and sharing and if you do find out what the term is, please let me know!

Namaste,